Monday, June 21, 2010

5 Things to Prepare on the Day of Your Tattoo Appointment!

When you finally decided that you are going to put a tattoo on your skin then you need to be ready emotionally, physically and mentally. There are five key factors to consider when the day of your appointment to your tattoo artist finally arrives.

During the time I got my first tattoo I was really excited and nervous at the same time. I was nervous because I do not have any idea of the pain it will cause. I was excited since I am really eager to see how it will look on my skin once the procedure is over. Now I already have several tattoos on my skin and I know how the process goes. This is why I want to share my experiences with you so that you can prepare for it very well.

The first factor is avoiding alcohol or drug intake during the appointment itself. Since you will be nervous on the day of your appointment it is not a reason to take alcohol or drugs to give you a boost. Alcohols and drugs are known to thin the blood cells easily. Thin blood cells will takes so long to heal. It also causes easy bleeding and it is quite a mess to work with someone who bleeds easily. I tell you it is not a pretty sight to look at. Tattoo artist have difficulty working on bleeding skin.

The second factor to consider is your cleanliness on the very day of your appointment. You need to cleanse your self on your scheduled day because it is not advisable to get the tattoo wet after it is done. It should be left dry for several hours, aside from that it is not good to smell bad for the tattoo artist who will work on you since it might distract him. When this happens your tattoo might not be done excellently.

The third factor is your clothes. You should wear loose comfortable shirt since tight fitting shirt my hurt you're newly made tattoo. Avoid wearing white shirt because you may stain it with your blood.

You also need some distraction while the artist is working on you. This is to keep your mind off the process. Some things that you can do to distract yourself are to bring some MP3 player to have something to listen to. Another one is bring some magazines or books to read to. There are some tattoo artist that will try to talk to your while working to help you cope with the pain.

Have a meal before you go to your tattoo artist. The process ill take you at least 2 hours or so and it is really important that you have eaten something for yourself. There are some instances that some customers fainted while they are getting their tattoos.

These are the five factors you need to do first when you are scheduled on your awaited day of appointment to your tattoo artist.

Source : Ezinearticles

No comments:

Post a Comment