Tuesday, June 22, 2010

My First Tattoo Experience

Just got 500$ from a friend. Bored stiff, my mind is floating while I drive my car to nowhere. I was into something, thinking about getting a tattoo. I had the money, the job, no debt, no excuses. I had this crazy idea since I was a child. Nobody in my close family has tattoos, except for relatives. I knew my mother or father would not approve it, but what the heck, they had to live with the idea.

I park the car safely in a parking lot because there was no available parking outside. My nerves get stiff as I approach the parlor. Harisumi, very nice parlor in the Condado area in San Juan. A friend of mine told me about this place, one of the best, if not the best in the area. Because it was a weekday there was only one client. I remember he was getting a cover up tattoo. The moment I arrived I saw all kinds of tattoos, but I had just something in mind. A dragon skull quickly caught my attention.

I told him to draw a sword penetrating the skull. Mr Cotte, the artist drew a nice sword, but not the one I had in my mind, so I told him to redraw it, the second time it looked a lot better so I accepted to start the process. I went and ate some food, following his recommendation. Tattooing is a tedious process and I was there for a ride.

For the next 3 hours I withstood cold and hurt, some blood came out of my skin. I remember the look of a girl in panic, as if the dragon was a demon. A kid like me with a tattoo like that, No way! When it was finished, the gruesome image of the dragon skull, the sword and flames seemed to come into life. For the next week it was going to be my new show, my own unique symbol. I have never seen someone with this kind of tattoo and I am very proud of it, its a real eye-catcher. $270 b/w or $330 w/color. I obviously chose a lot of colors, and in the leg, saving my back for a better, bigger tattoo, which will be an Easter Dragon, my lucky charm.


Source : Ezinearticles

No comments:

Post a Comment